Tuesday 6 December 2011

CRAFTY DAY 9 - AWESOME EASY RINGS



OK so I have a rather large button collection, and have always wondered what to do with them.  I have always loved playing with them especially as a child there was nothing like mums button tin to keep you busy for a while.  I know my little ones love playing in mine.  I found some cheap adjustable ring mounts in the craft store today and  todays crafty awesomeness was born. I was going to make some earring as well but in my eagerness I only bought the backing bit and not the stud bit, so that will have to wait for another day.  But feel free to try earrings as well they are just as easy.

MATERIALS

Buttons - in various sizes and colours
Adjustable ring mounts
Glue gun / or epoxy glue
Pliers
Felt






Use the pliers to snip of any shanks on the backs of buttons.  Layer the buttons into pleasing colour combinations.  Glue together then glue to ring mount.  Cut a small circle of felt to colour match the bottom of your base ring, cut a slit 3/4 way across the middle and glue this over the ring mount to cover and neaten the look on the back.  And you are done and for next to no $$$ you have some fashionable quick accessories.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment