Monday 12 December 2011

CRAFTY DAYS 11 / 14 - BEDROOM MAKEOVER FOR $23

BEFORE

AFTER



Yes thats correct your eyes are not playing tricks on you. A bedroom makeover for $23- is possible.  My daughters room was so bland.  The walls had been painted over three years ago, way before she was born, and nothing else had been done to the room. So it was well overdue for her to have something special in there.  So I started by collecting the big stuff she would need.  From the tip I got a lovely timber and black metal framed bed, a gorgeous thick white rug, a vintage birdcage and two beautiful vintage looking tables, and a small lamp all for FREE.  From the op-shop I picked up the absolutely perfect vintage bedspread for $3- and they gave two sheets one light pink and one dark pink from their rag bags for nothing.  Down to the cheap shop to buy some carnival beads for $2-50 and spray paint in pink, black and silver.  And that is it, anything else I needed I already had in the craft room.

Needless to say the bed, the rug and the lamp where the easy bits as I needed to do nothing to them, they where used as is.

The tables had a good sand down and scrub and where then painted.  The body of them and the handles where done in gloss black and the drawers in gloss hot pink.  So pleased and proud of how they turned out.  My hubby gave me that "I don't know about that idea" look - but he is also pleased with how they turned out.






















The bedspread and the dark pink sheet where made into a doona cover and pillowcase.  This is a simple task, get your measurements from existing linen that you are using and simple straight sewing will hold it all together.  I didn't have enough of one fabric to make a solid pillow case so patched the scraps from the bedspread and sheet together for a matching pillowcase, again easily done by taking measurements from existing linen.



For the light covering I used the birdcage. I removed the base, sprayed it silver and hot glued the carnival beads to it, the cap at the bottom is an old enamel tin lid that I sprayed pink and hot glued to the bottom to cover the untidy bead ends. It is suspended from the ceiling using four cup hooks.





















 And VOILA that is it.
 Put it all together for a beautiful stunning girls room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment